After yesterday’s let down I am trying to put on my happy face and get with the program today. There are too many things to be pleased with in this world today to let one little trouble take me down. My plan is to NOT WORRY today. So this is a list of things I have to be pleased about.
- My girlfriend, Nancy, from Texas is coming in at around 4:30 today. She, and one other friend, seriously encouraged me to publish “Red Clay and Roses”. She is nearly seventy and looks and acts all of fifty years old. I love her dearly and am looking forward to a fun weeklong visit.
- I have had a surge in eBook sells. (I am advertising on some new sites. Something I needed to do a long time ago. And when I drop the price, I can add even more sites.) Not any new reviews yet, but I am hoping.
- My birthday is tomorrow, and while I deplore aging, having another birthday beats the alternative…which would be dead, so I am happy to be alive and happy to have friends and family to celebrate with.
- Speaking of birthdays, my husband says he already has a surprise gift for me. I am a little scared, because one year he gave me a shirt with fish on it. While it was a nice shirt, it was not exactly what I was expecting considering all of the hype around it. It was a little difficult to feign excitement when I opened it, but I know he still loves me, and he has done much better on other days.
- My house is cleaner than it has been in months, Yay!
- Saturday, I am going on a photo tour of Orlando with Nancy to get some pictures of our beautiful city to post on my blog in the future. We will probably have lunch at Spice, one of my favorite outdoor restaurants on Lake Eola downtown.
- I have so much going on in my head about my newest book/series idea that needs to get put down on paper, so I won’t possibly run out of things to do anytime soon.
I have online friends who are more like family, who deeply understand, support, and encourage me. I am so very grateful for the many blessing that have been bestowed on me. I have a husband, children, grandchildren, and friends who love me. I have a beautiful home with plenty of space for making my guests feel comfortable. I have two of the best doggies in the world for company/companionship throughout what might otherwise be lonely days of writing and pounding away at the keyboard. The lovely Mexican heather plants that I planted last week are doing very well. The garden is green and filled with tropical flowers the colors of the rainbow. The wind has died down, and the weather is lovely at a nice and sunshiny 68 degrees, and promises to improve over the day. We might even get a beach day before Nancy goes back to Texas.